I get so many inquiries from people who want to know how they can help the cause of animal protection and get more involved in the work of The HSUS. I tell them that the first step is to stay informed and to get the right information flowing to the inbox.
By subscribing to this blog, watching the latest news posted to our website, humanesociety.org, and following us on our Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking pages, you can keep up to date with our work and the most pressing issues facing animals by investing a few minutes each day with these tools.
Our email alerts, too, are critical for keeping informed and active, often providing you with an opportunity to make an urgent phone call or to write an email on the animals’ behalf.
We offer more than a dozen email subscription options, divided by program area. Please take a look at the list below, sign up for those topics that interest you, and encourage your friends and family to do the same. By subscribing, you’ll get the most important, time-sensitive opportunities for engagement delivered right to you. We cover a lot of ground in our work for animals—I know you’ll find it exciting to follow, and heartening too.
- HSUS News and Alerts—Receive action alerts, updates, and special offers to help animals.
- Pet of the Week—Meet a new pet each week and get pet news, fun ideas and activities, heartwarming pet stories, behavior tips, advice, and more.
- Seal Watch—Reports from the ice during Canada's annual spring seal slaughter.
- Faith Outreach—Updates from The HSUS’s Faith Outreach program about our work engaging people and institutions of faith with animal protection issues.
- Animal Protection Litigation—News about our legal campaigns on behalf of animals in state and federal courts around the country.
- Hollywood Office—The latest animal news from Hollywood.
- The Scoop—For animal care and control professionals. Trends in the field, timely news alerts, and training opportunities.
- Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association—Learn how the HSVMA is staying on top of the latest animal welfare issues and receive updates on our Field Service programs.
- Humane Society University—Be the first to find out about Humane Society University’s training and educational opportunities.
- Shelters Without Walls—Updates on the Wildlife Land Trust’s work to protect wildlife by preserving habitat, animal close-ups, and habitat projects for you and your family.
- Humane Teen—A newsletter for teens from The HSUS’s Youth Outreach program.
- Humane Society International—Action alerts and updates from our global affiliate.
- The Fund for Animals—Updates on our animal rescue work and the animals at our network of sanctuaries and wildlife rehabilitation facilities.